PSYCHOLOGIST APPLICATION FOR EXAM AND/OR LICENSURE (includes Supervised Temporary Licensure)
Please use this Application Form if you fit into one or more of the following categories:
- If you have had your doctoral degree conferred, completed 1,500 hours supervised internship experience, and are seeking approval to take the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP), or
- If you have completed the above, and in addition, have completed 1,500 hours of pre-internship and/or postdoctoral supervised experience(s) and are seeking approval to take the EPPP and obtain Licensure, or
- If you have passed the EPPP and are seeking Licensure, or
- If you are already licensed in another state and wish to become licensed in Arizona but are not credentialed by CPQ, ABPP, or NRHSPP, or
- If you have had your doctoral degree conferred, completed 1,500 hours supervised internship experience, are enrolled in a postdoctoral supervised experience program and are seeking temporary licensure and/or approval to sit for the EPPP.
APPLYING ONLINE? SCROLL DOWN FOR VERIFICATION AND OTHER FORMS
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO THREE (3) WEEKS FOR PROCESSING AND INTAKE OF YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE REQUESTING AN UPDATE OF THE STATUS. IT TYPICALLY TAKES TWO TO THREE MONTHS FROM RECEIPT OF APPLICATION TO APPROVAL. A.A.C. R4-26-201 REQUIRES THAT AN APPLICATION BE PLACED ON AN AGENDA IF IT IS ADMINISTRATIVELY COMPLETE 18 DAYS PRIOR TO THE NEXT SCHEDULED BOARD MEETING. WE APPRECIATE YOU PLANNING ACCORDINGLY.
Arizona Revised Statutes §41-1080.01 provides for a waiver of fees associated with initial licensure for qualified applicants. Applicants must have family income that does not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you believe that you qualify for the waiver, please contact the Board office at 602-542-8163 to request the Application for Waiver of Initial Application Fee.
Psychologist Verification Forms: For Psychologist Applications.
If you are applying via the online Psychologist application, please download and submit the forms below, as applicable. The PDFs are form-fillable. Please use Adobe Acrobat for best experience. Some fields will not be visible in your browser or via another program/app.
Core Program Requirements form (needed only if your doctoral program is NOT APA accredited.)
Supervised Preinternship Experience Log (needed only if you are applying preinternship hours towards licensure)
Supervised Preinternship Experience Verification form (needed only if you are applying preinternship hours towards licensure. Must be submitted by your supervisor or director of training directly to the Board's office)
Supervised Psychology Internship or Training Experience Verification form (needed if you are applying via the Psychologist Application for Exam and/or Licensure form and have not been licensed for 20 years)
Postdoctoral Professional Psychology Experience Verification (needed only if you are applying postdoctoral hours towards licensure. Must be submitted by your supervisor directly to the Board's office)
Citizenship Status Form (all applicants are required to provide proof of lawful status in the United States)