Behavior Analysts are required to be licensed by the Board of Psychologist Examiners to practice in Arizona. Please download and complete the Behavior Analyst Application for Licensure linked above. Instructions and requirements are on the first page of the application packet. Updated 08/2019. Current Version has 08/2019 Revised Date. At this time, no online application for Behavior Anaylsts is available.
Application for fee waiver
Arizona Revised Statutes §41-1080.01 provides for a waiver of “any fee charged for an initial license for any individual or applicant whose family income does not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines if the individual is applying for that specific license in this state for the first time.” If you believe that you qualify for the waiver, please use the Application for Fee Waiver form. Instructions are on the first page of the form.
Behavior Analyst Verification Forms - For Behavior Analyst Application for Licensure
The forms below are also included in the application packet. PLEASE NOTE, as of August 1, 2019, verification that an applicant passed the BACB's exam will be obtained by Board staff via BACB's online Registry. Applicants do not need to request verification from BACB.
Supervised Work Experience or Independent Fieldwork Verification
(Make as many copies as needed) If your supervisor will be submitting your BACB Verification forms you used for your BCBA certification, you do not need to submit Arizona's Supervised Work Experience of Independent Fieldwork Verification. Verifications MUST be sent directly from your supervisor to the Board's office. Verifications included with your application will not be accepted.
Citizenship Status Form (all applicants are required to provide proof of lawful status in the United States)
Behavior Analyst Application for Licensure by universal recognition
Download the Behavior Analyst Application for Licensure by Universal Recognition.
On August 27, 2019 the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners will begin accepting applications for licensure by universal recognition.
This application is form-fillable. Please open in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader for best experience and to see the digital signature blocks.
Please follow all instructions on the first page of the application packet.
The universal recognition policy (A.R.S. § 32-4302) allows Arizona residents to use an out-of-state professional or occupational license to qualify for an Arizona license to work. To qualify, an applicant must:
- Prove residence in Arizona (See the Board's Substantive Policy Statement regarding this)
- Be currently licensed or certified for at least one year in another U.S. state or territory in the discipline applied for and at the same level of practice as recognized in Arizona.
- Be in good standing in all states where currently or previously licensed or certified. Verification is required directly from the licensing board to the AZ Board of Psychologist Examiners for all licenses or certifications ever held regardless of the status of the license or certification. Verifications ordered from other states may be emailed from the respective boards to [email protected].
- Have met all applicable education, work, exam, and/or clinical supervision requirements in the other state where originally licensed or certified.
- Pay the $350 application fee by check or money order to the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners.