Portal Now Open for March & April License Renewals
The Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners ("Board") appreciates your patience and understanding during the agency's transition from the eLicensing platform to our new Thentia Cloud system. You are eligible to submit your license renewal application 60 days prior to your expiration date. At that time, you will receive an email notification reminder from [email protected]. Please check your junk/spam folder.
The portal is most compatible with Google Chrome as the browser. It is NOT compatible with smartphones. If you receive an "Network Error" message, please change your internet browser to Chrome and clear your browser history (cache).
Watch a 9-minute demo of how to renew your license:
Step by Step Instructions:
Use the PORTAL to renew your license. Please allow 5-7 business days for Board staff to review and approve your application. You will receive notification via email once approved and may print your own wallet card/license.
Follow these steps to renew your license if you have previously logged in to the Thentia Cloud Portal:
2. Enter your email address on file with the Board and your password.
3. Enter the answer to your security question. Jump to #4, below to continue the instructions.
Follow these steps to renew your license, if you have NOT previously used the Thentia Cloud Portal:
2. Click the ACTIVATE NOW button.
3. Enter the email address you have on file with the Board and click Reset Password. Check that email account, INCLUDING THE JUNK/SPAM FOLDER (for the email from Thentia- [email protected]) that contains your password reset instructions; follow those directions to access the system, set your password, and set your security question(s). If you no longer have access to the email address on file with the Board, please email Krishna Poe.
4. Once in the system, choose LICENSE RENEWAL, please enter the required information (DOB, SSN), update contact information and current employment (please note that at this time you cannot edit your DOB or SSN under the PROFILE section, this must be done as part of the renewal application).
5. Use the Continuing Education link in the menu at left to enter completed activities; once on the Continuing Education page, click View, then Add New Records, and populate the fields repeating the steps until finished. You will need to enter each activity. The portal does not support uploading CE certificates or other CE documentation at this time, but please retain all documentation for 4 years. Example of how to list CE activities.
*Please note that the portal is not displaying the correct CE requirements (Psychologists- 40 hours, including 4 hours of ethics, Behavior Analysts- 30 hours, including 4 hours of ethics). Please enter CE activities to meet the requirements. If you are newly licensed and this is your FIRST renewal, your CE is prorated. Inactive Licensees are not required to complete CE.
6. Use the Invoices & Receipts link in the menu at left to print this document if desired.
7. Use the Certificate and Wallet Card link in the menu at left to print your current renewal card/license (if your application requires review by Board staff, you will not have access to this until after your application has been approved. You will receive notification via email once it is available).
While the new system is highly intuitive and easily navigated, Board staff will prioritize licensees requiring renewal assistance; please email Krishna Poe.
Continuing Education Requirements
For additional information on Continuing Education Requirements, please refer to the RESOURCES page, Statutes and Rules. Psychologists (R4-26-207), Behavior Analysts (R4-26-409). For Document type, please choose RULES under the drop down menu. Neither the Board, nor Board staff pre-approve any continuing education courses or activities.
If this is your first license cycle, your CE requirements are prorated. Please refer to the issuance letter you were emailed to verify your individual CE and the prorated renewal/expiration date of your license. You may also look this up online following the below steps:
- Go to the Licensee Portal
- Enter your email address on file with the Board and your password. (If the portal appears to not remember your password, you may need to reset it. Use the Forgot Password button to reset, if needed.)
- Enter the answer to your security question.
- In the left menu, under the License section, select Continuing Education.
- On the Continuing Education page, select View.
- The row, Status: Open, will show your prorated renewal period and the prorated amount of CE needed.
- If the CE listed does not match the CE in your issuance letter, please email Board staff so this can be corrected. Your issuance letter is accurate. Access to CE information has only recently become functional via the portal for new licensees, and errors with data migration are being corrected as they become known.
Address Change and/or Name Change
According to A.R.S. § 32-2066(B), a licensee must inform the Board of any address change within 30 days. The Board may assess the costs incurred in locating a licensee and may assess a civil penalty of not more than $100 against a licensee who fails to notify the board within 30 days from the date of any change of information required to be reported under this subsection.
If you are a Board Licensee and wish to change your contact information, please login to the PORTAL and update your information. If you are a new user, you will need to activate your account using your primary email address on file. A link to access your account will be emailed from [email protected], please check your junk/spam folder. If you have technical issues, please contact Krishna Poe
Address Opt Out
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 32-3226, licensees who do not have a business address may OPT OUT of the requirement to make their home address public (A.R.S. § 32-3801). Licensees who opt out must provide a phone number or email address to the Board which can be disclosed to a patient or client who is seeking a copy of their medical records. If you fall into this category and wish to opt out, please email the Board office with a written request to opt out per A.R.S. § 32-3226.
Arizona Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status Form
If you are a U.S. citizen and provided this form and evidence of citizenship with your initial application, you do NOT need to submit this or additional evidence with your renewal. If you are NOT a U.S. citizen and are renewing your license, please complete and submit this form and send a current government issued picture ID as evidence of lawful presence in the U.S. as required by federal and state laws.
Arizona Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status Form
Important Advisory: Fingerprint Clearance Card Requirement Delayed Indefinitely- Please use this link to reference the email which was sent to all licensees on November 16, 2021, regarding the Board's fingerprint clearance requirement.