Reapplications & Retake Requests
Reapplications for EPPP Only and Exam & Licensure Applications
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score, the candidate must reapply for approval from the AZ Board to sit for the exam again. Use the online reapplication available via the Applicant Portal to submit this request for Board approval.
- There is an optional retake request in Certemy. However, Certemy's retake request is only in the Certemy platform and is not needed. It is NOT part of the process for the Arizona Board's approval to retake the exam. You must submit a reapplication to the Arizona Board and it must be approved by the Board before staff can assign a new workflow for the exam in Certemy. The reapplication fee to the Board is $200. Payment of this fee is assessed as the last step in submitting your reapplication.
- Per administrative rule R4-26-203.03, reapplications are new applications. The Board may base its decision on applicable forms and documents previously submitted including transcripts, supervised experience verifications, etc. In most instances, reapplications require a new National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) self-query. The NPDB self-query is valid for 6 months from the date it was processed (date listed in the upper right corner of the report).
- If you have taken the exam three (3) times under any jurisdiction (state or provincial licensing board), you cannot "reapply" for the exam. You must "apply anew" by submitting a new, complete application - EPPP Only or EPPP and Licensure. Your static documents such as official transcripts and supervised experience verifications will be copied to the new application. The fee to apply anew is $350.
EPPP Retake Requests & Supervised Temporary License Holders
- Requests to retake the exam are handled differently for supervised temporary license (TL) holders. While the TL application fee is $200, once the supervised temporary license is issued, there is no additional cost to the Arizona Board for a TL holder to request approval to retake the exam.
- If a TL holder does not achieve a passing score, the TL holder/EPPP candidate will be emailed a copy of the Retake Request form along with the Board's official EPPP score letter.
- To request approval from the Board to retake the exam, the one-page Retake Request form must be completed and submitted to the Board's office. This one-page form is not available on the website. Once received in the Board's office, the retake request will be placed on the Board's next available agenda for consideration.
- The Board will need to approve the retake request before staff can assign a new workflow in Certemy.
- There is an optional retake request in Certemy. However, Certemy's retake request is only in the Certemy platform and is not needed. It is NOT part of the process for the Arizona Board's approval to retake the exam. You must submit a completed retake request form to the Board and it must be approved by the Board before your retake request made in Certemy can be approved, and staff can assign a new workflow in Certemy.