Reapplications & Retake Requests
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on Part 1 or Part 2, the candidate must reapply for approval from the Board to sit for the exam again. The reapplication form is NOT available on the website because it can be used only in specific circumstances. A copy of the reapplication form is emailed to the applicant along with the Arizona Board's official EPPP score reporting letter.
- There is an optional retake request in Certemy. However, Certemy's retake request is NOT part of the process for the Arizona Board's approval to retake the exam. You must submit a reapplication to the Arizona Board and it must be approved by the Board before staff can assign a new workflow for the exam. The reapplication fee to the Board is $200.
- This process is the same if a candidate does not achieve a passing score on Part 2.
- Per administrative rule R4-26-203.03, reapplications are new applications. The Board may base its decision on applicable forms and documents previously submitted including transcripts, supervised experience verifications, etc. In most instances, reapplications require a new National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) self-query. The NPDB self-query is valid for 6 months from the date it was processed (date listed in the upper right corner of the report).
- If you have taken the exam three (3) times under any jurisdiction (state or provincial licensing board), you cannot "reapply" for the exam. You must "apply anew" by submitting a new, complete Psychologist Application for Exam and/or Licensure form. Every field must be filled out as if you have not applied before. However, your static documents such as official transcripts and supervised experience verifications will be copied to the new application. The fee to apply anew is $350.
Supervised Temporary License & Eppp Retake Requests
- Requests to retake the exam are handled differently for supervised temporary license (TL) holders. While the TL application fee is $200, once issued, there is no additional cost to the Arizona Board for a TL holder to request approval to retake the exam. If a TL holder does not achieve a passing score on Part 1, the TL holder/EPPP candidate will be emailed a copy of the Retake Request form along with the Board's official EPPP score letter. This one-page Retake Request form must be completed and submitted to request approval from the Board to retake the exam. This one-page form is not available on the website. Once received in the Board's office, the retake request will be placed on the Board's next available agenda for consideration. The Board will need to approve the retake request before staff can assign a new workflow in Certemy.
- There is also an option in Certemy to make a retake request. However, this retake request is only in the Certemy platform. It is not part of the process for the Arizona Board's approval to retake the exam. You must submit a completed retake request form to the Board and it must be approved by the Board before your retake request made in Certemy can be approved, and staff can assign a new workflow. This process is the same if a candidate does not achieve a passing score on Part 2.