- If your household income is 200% or more below the federal poverty level, you may qualify for an application fee waiver. See page 1 of the form for instructions.
- All applicants with a 'yes' answer for a professional conduct question must submit the appropriate documentation with the application. Your application will not be administratively complete until the appropriate documentation as listed in this application tool have been received.
- Applications materials should be uploaded to the submissions portal. If your employer's firewall does not allow access, please email the materials to [email protected]. Please use this email for license verifications and official transcripts, also.
Universal Recognition Application
- This Board does not have reciprocity with other states or provinces. This is the closest licensure pathway to "reciprocity".
- You must have established residence in Arizona and be licensed for one (1) or more years in another state to qualify to apply for licensure by Universal Recognition.
- Residence Determination - See page 2 of the Board's Substantive Policy Statement regarding what the Board considers acceptable types of evidence for having established residence.
- Go to the Arizona State Legislature's website to read the statute authorizing licensure by universal recognition: A.R.S. § 32-4302.
- The Arizona Board recognizes ABPP, CPQ and National Register credentials only.
- Must be licensed for 5 or more years in another state to qualify and hold one of the above credentials to qualify to apply by credential.
General Application for Psychologists
All applicants who do not qualify to apply by universal recognition or credential, please use this application for licensure.
- (This is also the application for a supervised temporary license)
- See page 4 for the type of applications that can be made using this form.
- See page 1 for instructions.
- Core Program Requirements form (pgs 12-13 of this application)
- Preinternship Forms
- Supervised Preinternship Experience Summary (pg 15)
- Supervised Preinternship Experience Verification form (pgs 19-21)
- Preinternship Verification - page 2 (for additional sites)
- Internship Verification: Supervised Psychology Internship or Training Experience Verification form (pgs 16-18)
- Postdoc Verification: Postdoctoral Professional Psychology Experience Verification form (pgs 19-21)
- Citizenship Status form (pgs 25-27)